Play Therapy Workshops
Harmony – A Family Counseling Center offers workshops in Play Therapy sponsored by the Free Clinic of Simi Valley. We additionally offer Clinical Supervision to help you on your journey to becoming a Registered Play Therapist and help you with your continuing education requirements as a Registered Play Therapist. Please visit our page on Becoming a Registered Play Therapist. We are an Approved Provider for the Association for Play Therapy Provider #04-145 and Approved provider for the California Board of Behavioral Science Provider #2898. All workshops are sponsored by The Free Clinic of Simi Valley. The Free Clinic of Simi Valley was founded 40 years ago with the mission to provide medical care, counseling, legal aide and dental services to individuals and families regardless of their ability to pay. All services are provided by volunteer professionals and last year the Free Clinic provided services to over 8,000 individuals. The Free Clinic is funded through a variety of grants, service clubs, patient contributions and fund raising events. For more information about the programs and services of the Free Clinic, please go to www.freeclinicsv.com or call (805) 522-3733.
The Free Clinic of Simi Valley and Harmony Counseling Present:
Play Therapy Workshops
Download the full list of 2017 training’s offered here.
(Note: You will need the latest version of Acrobat Reader to view the flyers.)
- Introduction to Play Therapy 1: History, Theory, Interventions and Experiential
- Family Play Therapy
- Play Therapy with Special Populations- Children of Substance Abusing Parents
- Play Therapy with Adults: Theory, Interventions, and Case examples
- Play Therapy and Intro to Sandtray Worldplay: Theory, Basics, and Experiential
- Teaching Kids Mindfulness in Play Therapy
- Play Therapy with Special Populations:Children Affected by Illness & Injury –offered at UCSD Extension -May and June of 2017
- Goals and Objectives for all workshops are listed separately
Sign up here to receive emails on upcoming classes!
Refund Policy Harmony Counseling Center will refund your registration fee if you provide cancellation notice prior to 10 business days before the scheduled training. We will deduct a 20% administrative fee to cover our expenses. You can expect your credit card or Paypal refund within 10 working days of receipt of the request. Cancellation of Workshops Harmony Counseling Center reserves the right to cancel workshops due to low registration. We will notify you 10 days in advance and will refund you 100% of any registration fees sent.